Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Doll's Festival

In March we went to a Doll's Festival in Asuke, Toyota. I finally loaded pictures. Above is the creepy advertisement I saw. Imagine walking down a narrow road with small wooden houses on both sides whose windows are filled with traditional dolls. Hundreds of Japanese people crowded around you, and this advertisement in the window. I am not sure why it is that so many of the advertisements in Japan feature foreign women. When it is a foreign product, I can understand. I wish I know how this would speak to Japanese women. "Use our product and you'll turn blonde and not look anything like all the ugly Japanese -looking women around you." It seems like self-loathing.




This is the best one I took. My tendency when taking pictures is always to be a step too far back (perhaps in life as well). However, I think I got this right. It's nice the way it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home